A Q&A with Team Precision’s Denise Fann
|Title:||Ms. Manitoba 2017 | Team Precision|
|Hometown:||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
|Competition Class:||Women’s Physique|
1. How did you get started on your fitness journey?
I decided to make a lifestyle change 10 years ago and have since developed a really strong passion for fitness.
2. What are your 3 favourite exercises?
• Pull-Ups: If you want a V-taper, pull-ups are an absolute MUST. No other exercise will build your upper body like pull-ups will.
• Overhead Barbell Presses: I love this exercise because it increases speed, power and strength.
• Barbell Hip Thrusts: Hip thrusts improve the size, strength and overall appearance of your glutes.
3. What songs help you push out your best workouts?
When it comes to heavy lifting, I love listening to anything by Rage Against the Machine, Pantera, and Metallica. For cardio, anything trance works.
4. If you could be any superhero, which one would you be?
Wonder Woman because of her superior strength, speed, and power.
5. What quote do you turn to when you’re in search of motivation?
“Pain is temporary, but glory is forever!”
6. What do you like to do when you’re not at the gym?
I spend time with my family and friends. In the summer, you can find me at the cabin.
7. What advice would you give to someone starting out on their fitness journey?
Start slow … nobody starts out as an expert! You’re going to make mistakes so pay attention to your mistakes and learn from them. Never give up!
8. List any awards / competitions that you have won.
Ms. Manitoba 2017, Women’s Best Poser 2017, and Couples Overall 2017.
9. What’s your go-to Precision supplement stack?
10. What are your fitness goals for the future?
To get that IFBB pro card!