I-PLX Muscle Pancakes
Pancakes are typically favoured for breakfast, but this protein pancake recipe is great for any time of the day! This recipe is sure to appeal to any taste preferences. HIGH in protein and on taste!
- 1 scoop I-PLX cookies and cream protein powder
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (oat flour for gluten free)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 container (150g) vanilla greek yogurt, divided
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup milk (or almond milk)
- 2 chocolate sandwich cookies
- chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat pan or griddle to medium/high heat.
- Add protein powder, flour, baking powder, 1/3 of vanilla yogurt (50g), egg, and milk to a bowl. Gently mix together until combined and a smooth batter forms. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spray pan with nonstick spray. Spoon batter onto pan with spoon to make 4 medium-sized pancakes.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles start to form on the top. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes until done. May need more or less time depending on cooking temperature.
- Crush up 1 sandwich cookie. Add to remaining vanilla yogurt and mix in. Top cooked pancakes with vanilla yogurt cookie mixture. Top with another cookie, and chocolate chips if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition for pancakes and topping: 530 calories, 55 protein, 53 carbs, 11 fat, 13 fiber, 16 sugar