I-PLX Vanilla Chocolate Chip Protein Mug Cake
This protein packed vanilla cake is filled with decadent dark chocolate chips and topped with a creamy vanilla protein frosting, melted almond butter and more chocolate chips. Healthy and delicious doesn’t get better than this!
- 1 scoop I-PLX vanilla frosting protein powder
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (or oat flour)
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, divided
- 1/3 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp. chocolate chips
- almond butter (for topping)
- extra chocolate chips (for toppings)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt*
- 1/3 scoop I-PLX vanilla frosting protein powder
*Can use any other preferred yogurt, but Greek yogurt will help make it a thicker/creamier frosting.
- Add protein powder, flour, and baking powder to a bowl. Mix. Next, add egg, Greek yogurt, and milk. Gently stir until a smooth batter forms. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spray a large mug or microwave safe bowl with nonstick spray. Pour batter into mug. Microwave on high for about 1 minute. Check, and then microwave for 20 seconds intervals until cooked. Be careful not to overcook, or the cake will dry out.
- Now for the frosting, mix Greek yogurt and vanilla frosting protein powder. It should make a thick frosting consistency. Add to top of cake.
- Drizzle with some melted almond butter and add a few extra chocolate chips if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition (cake + frosting): 450 calories, 60 protein, 30 carbs, 10 fat, 6 fiber, 6 sugar