A Q&A with Team Precision’s Nicole Evans
|Title:||Bikini Competitor | Team Precision|
|Hometown:||Guelph, Ontario, Canada|
1. How did you get started on your fitness journey?
My fitness journey started shortly after I began my undergrad at the University of Guelph in 2015. I joined the school gym and started weightlifting, training, and doing cardio 4-5 times a week. I’ve played competitive sports from a young age all the way in to high school. My favorite sports were ringette, hockey, and lacrosse. I played ringette for 14 years and played on many high-level teams (i.e. Team Ontario 2012-2014).
After training for a solid 2 years in the gym, I wanted to work towards a new challenge and decided to compete in my first Bikini Competition last October (Natural KWO Octoberfest Show 2017) and placed 2nd in my class. I was coached by another Precision Supps Athlete/Bodybuilder, Eiren Gauley.
2. What are your three favorite exercises?
- DB Romanian Deadlifts:
I love feeling the stretch in my hamstrings and this is a great exercise for developing the glute-ham tie-in.
- Adductor/Abductor Machine:
I like to pause for one second at both the top and bottom of these exercises to feel the burn in the booty!
- Front Raises to Side Laterals:
A difficult movement that comes with a great burn in the shoulders, it’s great because it targets two different shoulder muscles at once (both the front and side deltoids).
3. What songs help you push out your best workouts?
I don’t really have any songs I’m constantly listening to in the gym, but some artists on my gym playlist right now are:
- Drake, Post Malone, CardiB, Nicki Minaj, Migos, G-Eazy, Mike Stud, 21 Savage, The Weeknd, Kanye West, Cole
- Pop country tunes if they are upbeat enough
4. If you could be any superhero, which one would you be?
If I could be any superhero I would be FeloniusGru from Despicable Me. Gru is super intelligent, strong, and agile and has a whole army of minions to back him up if he ever runs into trouble. If I could buy minions as pets I definitely would!
5. What quote do you turn to when you’re in search of motivation?
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. – Vince Lombardi
6. What do you like to do when you’re not at the gym?
When I’m not in the gym I like to hang out with my family and friends, go shoe shopping (I have a problem 🙂), watch Netflix, create YouTube videos, or study/attend classes. I am still a university student, after all!
7. What advice would you give to someone starting out on their fitness journey?
Don’t compare yourself to anyone else in the gym! You have no idea how long/hard they’ve been working on their own fitness journey. We’re all at different stages in our journey and comparing yourself to someone that may be further along is not beneficial. Focus on yourself and your own goals.
Make sure your goals are realistic and don’t give up too soon. I see way too many people give up after the first week of working out. Nothing happens overnight! Once you get into a routine of making time for your fitness journey is when you will start to reap the rewards!
8. List any awards / competitions that you have won.
My competition journey has just begun. I competed in my first show in October 2017.
So far, my credentials include:
- 2017 – Nationally Qualified Canadian Physique Alliance (CPA) Bikini, KWO Octoberfest Show October 2017, 2ndplace Bikini Medium
9. What’s your go-to Precision supplement stack?
My go-to Precision Supplement Stack is:
- I-PLX: Cookies and Cream – it literally tastes like a milkshake! I love mixing a scoop in my oatmeal post-workout!
- CARNITINE ICE: Watermelon Freeze – I use this especially for fasted cardio!
- AMINO-PLX: Rainbow Candy Crush – perfect for making popsicles or for a thirst-quenching intra-workout drink!
10. What are your fitness goals for the future?
For the future, I plan to continue to live a healthy and active lifestyle. I want to motivate others to join me in their own personal fitness journey because I really do believe it’s important for everyone to have one. Our bodies were meant for movement and being active is so important. Fitness doesn’t have to mean going to the gym, it can also include taking part in extracurricular activities, sports, or just being outside in the community.
Competition wise, I hope to win my Pro Card in Bikini in the near future!