A Q&A with Team Precision’s Dave Haynes
|Super Heavyweight Bodybuilder | Team Precision
1. How did you get started on your fitness journey?
I have always been interested in training and competitive sports. Growing up I played for a well-known hockey team and even made it as far as the Minor Professional Hockey League. Because of my competitive nature, when hockey ended I felt kind of lost. That’s when one of my friends introduced me to bodybuilding. I fell in love with it very quickly. Since 2007, I have been training as a competitive bodybuilder.
2. What are your 3 favourite exercises and why?
Squats are easily my number one favourite because I really enjoy pushing my limits in terms of weight and reps. Deadlifts and rack pulls would be the other two because they are very challenging when I push myself.
3. What songs help you push out your best workouts?
- Enter Sandman – Metallica
- Down with the Sickness – Disturbed
4. If you could be any superhero, which one would you be and why?
Ironman because of his superhuman strength and ability to fly powerful weapons.
5. What quote do you turn to when you’re in search of motivation?
No specific quote – I already know that if I don’t put in the work I won’t be able to achieve the things I want. So, I always keep working.
6. What do you like to do when you’re not at the gym?
Watch movies, read, and take lots of naps!
7. What advice would you give to someone starting out on their fitness journey?
- Learn the basics first
- Set goals and develop a plan to achieve them
- Execute every damn day!
- Never quit and never listen to negative people
8. List any awards / competitions that you have won.
I have entered numerous bodybuilding contests over the years but a definite highlight was in 2016 when I finished fourth in both the Canadian National Championships and the North American National Championships.
9. What’s your go-to Precision supplement stack?
10. What are your fitness goals for the future?
Working on improving my body for another run at the North American National Championships as well as hopefully getting a Masters Pro Card!