Double Chocolate Protein Scones
Got a craving for chocolate? Try our protein scone recipe including I-PLX & 5 muscle-building isolates + probiotics.
Try it out and tell us what you think!
1 cup (120g) self-rising flour*
1 scoop (40g) Triple Chocolate Sundae Protein Powder
3 tbsp. (15g) unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp. (30g) Swerve granular sweetener**
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. (70g) light butter
1/2 cup (113g) nonfat, Greek yogurt
1/4 cup (60mL) sugar free maple syrup
¼ cup chocolate chips
* If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can use regular all-purpose flour and add 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda and 1/2 tsp. salt.
** Swerve is a sugar free sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar. It can be found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores. If you don’t have it, you can substitute regular cane sugar, or omit completely.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, and sweetener to a large bowl. Cut light butter into cubes and add to the dry ingredients. Mix together with a fork until a crumble mixture starts to form.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture. Add Greek yogurt and sugar free maple syrup. Gently stir together until a dough begins to form.
- Add chocolate chips and fold into dough. Place dough on baking sheet and form into a circle, about 1 1/2 inches thick. Cut dough into 8 scones. Sprinkle the top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake at 425F for 15-18 minutes. Check around 12-15 minutes to be sure they don’t over-bake.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Yield: 8 scones
Nutrition per scone (out of 8): 125 calories, 8 protein 13 carbs, 4 fat, 2 fiber. 2 sugar