I-PLX Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Protein Donuts Recipe
Celebrating the fall season? Make sure you do it right! Try our protein donut recipe including I-PLX & 5 muscle-building isolates + probiotics.
Try it out and tell us what you think!
Protein Pumpkin Donuts
½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 scoop I-PLX vanilla protein powder
¼ Truvia baking blend (stevia + sugar mixture) *
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of salt
¼ cup + 1tbsp. milk (I used unsweetened almond)
½ cup canned pumpkin puree
1 whole egg
1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
½ tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup dark chocolate chips (or milk chocolate chips for sweeter)
*If you don’t have or can’t find the Truvia baking blend at the store, you can substitute for 1/3 cup granulated sugar (more or less depending on preferred sweetness.)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add flour, protein powder, Truvia/sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to a large bowl. Mix. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, egg, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Gently stir together wet and dry ingredients until a smooth, thick batter forms. Spoon batter into a plastic piping bag (or gallon Ziplock bag).
- Spray a 6-spot donut pan with non-stick spray. Cut tip off of piping bag and pipe batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil for about 45-60 seconds. Mix. Microwave again if needed to melt completely and make a smooth glaze.
- Let donuts completely cool. Once cooled, place in the freezer for about 5 minutes to make them slightly cold before glazing. This will allow the glaze to stick and harden quicker.
- Dip each donut in the glaze. Let harden and enjoy!
Nutrition per donut including chocolate glaze (1 out of 6): 165 calories, 8 protein, 20 carbs, 8 fat, 3 fiber, 7 sugar