A Q&A with Team Precision’s Emily Azzarello
|Title:||National Bikini Competitor | Team Precision|
|Hometown:||Brooklin, Ontario, Canada|
1. How did you get started on your fitness journey?
I’ve almost always been involved in sports and fitness. From age 6 to 17, I competed in equestrian horseback riding and during my high school years I played lacrosse.
When I turned 17, I suffered from anxiety and depression. I was encouraged by many people to start running or join a gym. I decided to try both. Once I saw the positive effects it had on my mental and physical health, I became addicted.
2. What are your 3 favourite exercises?
Any variation of squats & deadlifts. These two exercises may seem like a simple movement but they can be the most mentally challenging and the most satisfying when done right.
One legged leg presses are also one of my favourites. This exercise allows me to really focus on one leg at a time and leaves me sore for days!
3. What songs help you push out your best workouts?
- No Limit – G – Eazy
- Codeine Dreaming – Kodak Black
4. If you could be any superhero, which one would you be?
Wonder Woman because she really is the whole package. She’s exhibits masculine strength without casting aside her feminine qualities, which I really like. She voices concern for those who cannot protect themselves but she’s also a trained bad a**!
5. What quote do you turn to when you’re in search of motivation?
“We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There’s really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.”
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
6. What do you like to do when you’re not at the gym?
When I’m not at the gym I’m almost always in the kitchen or at the grocery store.
7. What advice would you give to someone starting out on their fitness journey?
The best advice I could give is never ever compare yourself others!
8. List any awards / competitions that you have won.
I competed at the OPA Sudbury Classic and placed 2nd in my class (Bikini).
I competed in the Ontario Championships and placed 1st in my class (Bikini).
9. What’s your go-to Precision supplement stack?
10. What are your fitness goals for the future?
This year I will be competing at the Toronto Pro Qualifier and hope to obtain my pro card!