A Q&A with Team Precision’s Kristy Elizabeth
|Title:||UFE Fitness Model | Team Precision|
|Competition Class:||Ultimate Fitness Events|
1. How did you get started on your fitness journey?
Growing up, I was always known as the skinny tall girl so I wanted to make some changes. Also, because I work as a police officer I trained to become both physically and mentally stronger.
I first learned about the competing world from my trainer. I quickly fell in love with the improvements I experienced in my physique, strength and energy. I knew this was now a lifestyle I wanted to pursue.
2. What are your 3 favourite exercises?
- Reverse Hack Squats: As a bikini competitor, glutes are everything so this exercise is key for me. Once I added this exercise into my regime, I noticed a great deal of glute progression.
- Lateral Pull Downs: When I first started, my back was definitely not my strong suit. But by mastering this exercise I strengthened my back and also scored an hourglass shape.
- Back Extensions Paired with Ab Circuits: For a tall police officer like myself, these exercises are key to maintaining stability and a strong core. A lot of people actually forget about these exercises and end up focusing too much on specific body parts. But without core strength, everything else is weakened. I always finish my workouts this way.
3. What songs help you push out your best workouts?
I need hard beats that hype me up to give me that extra push. Currently on my playlist:
- Fables – Ferry Tayles & Dan Stone
- Anything by DJ Hardwell
4. If you could be any superhero, which one would you be?
Easy one here: Wonder Woman!!!
5. What quote do you turn to when you’re in search of motivation?
Dream. Believe. Achieve.
We all start somewhere. We need to believe in ourselves, never give up, and push until we make that dream a reality.
6. What do you like to do when you’re not at the gym?
I like to spend time with my boyfriend and 2 Yorkies, Gizmo and Juno. I also love educating myself by reading up on different exercises, health products, and diets.
7. What advice would you give to someone starting out on their fitness journey?
Never give up. There will be good days and there will be bad days. Progress doesn’t happen overnight. There will be set backs and break throughs. Enjoy the process and share your journey with the world. You never know who you will inspire as you are motivating yourself!
8. List any awards / competitions that you have won.
2015 – I qualified through the Ontario Physique Association (OPA) for nationals in bikini and figure. I decided to compete in bikini and ended up placing 11th out of 21 competitors.
2016 – When I turned 35 in 2016, I competed in bikini and figure again and qualified for nationals.
2017 – I switched from the OPA to Ultimate Fitness Events (UFE) which is a natural bodybuilding organization. I competed in masters and open age and earned my Pro Card in bikini. I also placed 1st in fitness model and earned an elite status. In November 2017, I competed at my first Pro show and placed 5th.
9. What’s your go-to Precision supplement stack?
Off season, I use GLUTAMINE and AMINO-PLX as my intra-workouts and BIG-TIME as my post-workout. During prep, I mostly use I-PLX. I also love to add some I-PLX into my morning coffee to make a nice mocha!
10. What are your fitness goals for the future?
My goal is to help educate and inspire both myself and others. Fitness is a never-ending journey for me – I’m always looking to improve myself mentally and physically. In terms of the future, my goal is to win 1st place at the UFE pro show.
Facebook: Kristy Elizabeth UFE Pro