A Q&A with Team Precision’s Mark Newby
|Title:||Heavyweight Bodybuilder | Team Precision|
|Hometown:||Barrie, Ontario, Canada|
1. How did you get started on your fitness journey?
I started working out in preparation for football season in high school. I got bigger and stronger and fell in love with weight training, building my physique, and all the challenges that came with it. I quit sports and focused solely on bodybuilding and haven’t wavered since.
2. What are your three favorite exercises?
- Incline Dumbbell Press
- Smith Machine Rows
- Machine Preacher Curls
3. What songs help you push out your best workouts?
- Break Stuff – Limp Bizkit
- Sham Pain – Five Finger Death Punch
4. If you could be any superhero, which one would you be?
The Thing from Fantastic Four! Not only is he big and strong, he’s very loyal to the rest of the team.
5. What quote do you turn to when you’re in search of motivation?
“There are no super-humans, just humans, and what one man can do, another can do.” – Andy Frisella
6. What do you like to do when you’re not at the gym?
I enjoy spending time with friends and family, eating food, and napping.
7. What advice would you give to someone starting out on their fitness journey?
Listen to your body. Don’t try to complicate things. Simply do the correct thing consistently, day in and day out, and you will reach your goals.
8. List any awards / competitions that you have won.
- 2016 Sudbury Classic Jr bodybuilding and heavyweight champion
- 2016 Ontario Championships Jr bodybuilding overall champion
- 2016 Canadian Nationals Jr bodybuilding 3rd place
- 2018 Toronto Pro Qualifier 3rd place men’s heavyweight bodybuilding
9. What’s your go-to Precision supplement stack?
My go-to Precision Supplement Stack is:
10. What are your fitness goals for the future?
In the future, I aim to earn my IFBB Pro card and compete as a professional bodybuilder while educating and inspiring others along the way.