Berry PB Protein Cake
Craving a sweet snack that won’t compromise your gains? Try our berry and peanut butter cake recipe including I-PLX & 5 muscle-building isolates + probiotics.
Try it out and tell us what you think!
For the Berry Cake
½ cup (60g) all purpose flour
1 scoop (40g) I-PLX Vanilla Frosting Protein Powder
¼ cup (60g) swerve granular sweetener*
1 tsp. Baking powder
¼ tsp. Salt
3 whole eggs
2 tbsp. (28g) light butter, melted
⅔ cup (150g) nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 cup mixed berries
For the Peanut Butter Frosting
1 cup (227g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
½ cup (64g) peanut flour
½ cup (60g) Swerve confectioners sweetener
*Swerve is a sugar free sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar. It can be found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores or online on Amazon.
**Light butter is found near the regular butter in the grocery. It has only 4g of fat per tablespoon compared to 11 grams in regular butter.
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease and line a 9×5 loaf dish with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl add eggs, melted butter, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and gently stir together until a smooth batter forms. Fold in berries.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake at 325F for 25-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. The center should be slightly under-done, as it will continue to cook slightly once out of the oven. Be careful not to overbake.
- While the cake is cooling, make peanut butter frosting. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until a smooth, creamy frosting comes together.
- Top cooled cake with peanut butter frosting, cut into 4-5 slices and enjoy!
Nutrition per slice (out of 5): 230 calories, 25 protein, 21 carbs, 6 fat, 5 fiber, 7 sugar